Phone: (02) 9587 1022
Address: 124 Princes Hwy, Kogarah NSW 2217
St. George Leagues Club is situated on the Princes Highway at Kogarah, where it relocated in 1963 after having first opened its doors in 1952 down the road. St. George was the first of the “Super” Leagues Clubs developed in the 1960’s and was commonly referred to as the “Taj Mahal” because of the extensive use of white marble in the original building.
The original St. George Leagues Club was a very informal meeting place that encompassed two poker machines, a stage, and one long bar. Originally, the bar was situated in the cellar, which was the only completed section of the building.
Very little of the original design survives today after extensive refurbishing and redesigning the entire Club to make it one of the most superbly fitted clubs in Australia. From the luxurious foyer, through to the catering outlets and lounge areas, St. George’s interiors are comforting and welcoming.
The Premier’s Lounge, also on the ground floor, is the home of our football memorabilia commemorating St. George’s outstanding achievements in Rugby League. The Premier’s is the place for a quiet drink during the day or some relaxing live music in the evening. Also on the ground floor is our ever-popular Jubilee Brasserie featuring wholesome food at competitive prices, and the Jubilee Café.